🌈 CORONAVIRUS UPDATES JAN 2021 🌈
Covid 19 Additional Terms & Policy – Sierra Holiday Caravan
Our 2021 booking calendar will open as soon as we know more about the Government restrictions placed upon Pencnwc Holiday Park. We have our COVID 19 Terms & Policy in place to ensure our guests to have a fabulous experience, whist providing you, our housekeepers and the staff at Pencnwc with as much protection as possible.
ALWAYS follow government regulations & advice regarding travel, if you are feeling unwell, have tested positive for COVID 19 or have been in contact with anyone who has been unwell or tested for COVID 19 then please do not travel to us. By booking Sierra Holiday Caravan you agree to the terms contained within our policy here: COVID 19 POLICY
1. BOOKING PROCEDURE
All holiday bookings will be e-mailed details of our check in procedures and full terms and conditions, if we do not have an e-mail address we will be in contact via phone. Please read through this prior to arrival and if you have any queries please email email@example.com
Our standard terms and conditions of booking terms can be found here: TERMS OF BOOKING SIERRA HOLIDAY CARAVAN , please ensure you familiarise yourself with them prior to making a booking with us.
We’re mindful that the situation is constantly changing, with that in mind, as new information comes to light, or new legislation is imposed, we'll update this page further.
2. PENCNWC FACILITIES:
Please be aware that some advertised facilities may not be available on Pencnwc Holiday Park due to government restrictions.
Updates on the facilities opening can be found on Pencnwcs Facebook Page here: www.facebook.com/pencnwc
Physical Distancing & Check In
1. Check in system - Instructions for arrival will be sent to your email address approx. 1 week prior to your arrival date. Please ensure you have a copy with you as this contains key information for arrival at Pencnwc Holiday Park including the
TRACK & TRACE @ Pencnwc Holiday Park
The government have implemented a track and trace system. Up to 48 hours prior to your arrival at Pencnwc Holiday Park it is necessary for you to email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
Your arrival date, how many nights you are booked for, full name, the number of the caravan which is D194 and a contact mobile number.
In the subject line of the email please enter your date of arrival and how many nights you will be staying. Day visitors must also be registered on the park the same way, unfortunately at the current time day visitors will not be able to enter Sierra Holiday Caravan. Should you not have access to send an email please call Pencnwc reception on 01545 560479.
2. Your entry keys will be with Pencnwc holiday park reception, all members of your party need to report to Reception on arrival for club passes to be issued - please adhere to the rules in place for collection and drop off. Due to extra cleaning requirements early arrival and late departure is strictly NOT permitted. You are required to remain 2 mtrs distant from staff and other guests during your stay.
3. Our COVID 19 Policy is printed, laminated and situated in the caravan a copy of it can be found here, please ensure you comply with & familiarise yourself with it.
4. We’ve moved our places of interest folder online, a link to the app will be texted to you on your arrival day.
5. ALWAYS follow government advice regarding travel, if you are feeling unwell, have symptoms, have tested positive, have been contacted by track & trace to isolate or have been in contact with anyone who has been unwell or tested positive for COVID 19 then please do not travel to us.
6. Should you develop symptoms whilst on holiday, please notify Pencnwc Holiday Park immediately on 01545 560 479 and make arrangements to return home immediately. You will not be able to self-isolate in our accommodation.
The Coronavirus situation is changing constantly, the policy regarding the pandemic may change and we will respond accordingly. We will follow all government advice regarding travel restrictions and closures and ask that our guests do the same.
3. Cleaning Protocols
a. We need as much time as possible to clean our accommodation. Our time of arrival is between 4pm and 6pm and we ask you depart promptly by 10am. We will be unable to allow late departures or early arrivals at any time.
b. Our protocol will mean our accommodation is cleaned in the following ways:
Crockery and Cutlery: As much of a set of everything will go through a hot wash with soapy water.
TV: The TV and Remote controls will be cleaned down with anti viral cleaner between every set of guests.
Standard cleaning: Our cleans will be to our normal high standard, with the addition of any hard surfaces & touch points being cleaned with an anti-viral cleaner. We will also leave an anti viral wipes at the accommodation for your use, should you want to clean any surfaces yourself upon arrival or during your stay.
Books, children’s games and DVD’s: We have left some items however we are unable to guarantee that each page of each book, DVD or piece of child’s toy can be decontaminated.
Soft Furnishings: Sofas, throws, Quilts and pillows – All scientific evidence thus far is that Covid-19 cannot live on fabric for more than a few hours. Therefore, we’ve decided that we’ll be leaving all soft furnishings in situ and changing regularly but not every week. If you’d like these items removed, we can do so but please let us know in advance, so that we can arrange this with our cleaners.
Pillow, Mattress & Duvet Protectors protectors: We will contact guests prior to arrival and discuss which beds will be used. Fresh protectors will be on all pillows, mattresses and duvets that are intended for use, these must remain on the beds, regardless of any bedding you bring yourselves. You’re welcome to put your own protectors over the top of ours if you prefer.
** We will need our guests to strip off the protectors and bag up prior to their departure in the bags provided to protect our cleaner from any potential contact with the virus (shaking down bedding shortly after someone has used it could be potentially a risk).**
Please ensure you bring your own linen, towels, tea towels and bath mat, and all personal items these are NOT provided.
Belt and braces: All soft furnishings will be sprayed down with an anti-virus spray (similar to fabreeze but with anti-virus properties). This includes, pillow, cushions, throws, mattresses, sofas and seating.
It’s worth bearing in mind how long Covid-19 can survive on surfaces, the information and knowledge is evolving all the time.
Currently it is thought that the virus can live for up to:
2-3 hours in the air
Up to 4 hours on copper
Up to 24 hours on cardboard, glass and metal
Up to 2 or 3 days on plastic and stainless steel
We will follow all government rules & advice regarding travel restrictions and closures and ask that our guests do the same.
Please contact us should you have any concerns or questions with regards our COVID 19 Terms & Policy, above all, stay safe and we hope to welcome you and your family here at Sierra Holiday Caravan soon.