UPDATED JULY 2020
Covid 19 Policy – Sierra Holiday Caravan
Our industry has been turning itself inside out for the past few weeks trying to come up with policies that will enable our guests to have a fabulous experience, whist providing our guests with as much protection as possible.
What has become clear is that there is a tightrope to walk between providing a covid-19 free environment and comfortable holiday accommodation. If we don’t do anything, we’re at risk of encouraging the spread of the disease but if we go too far, our accommodation changes from being enjoyable, chill-out spaces to clinical hospital wards.
We’ve decided to come up with a plan that hopefully walks that tightrope and then be transparent about it. Thus, our guests, the opportunity to do your own risk assessment and decide whether this standard is good enough for you and your family.
Our logic being that by the very nature of leaving the safety of your own home and travelling to Wales will mean you’re taking risks. You may decide to stop off at a service station en route or visit a supermarket, cafe or theme park when you’re down here. So, you will already be taking calculated risks.
We’re mindful that the current situation is constantly changing, so what you think will work for you now, might not be right in 3 months’ time. Another lock-down imposed, which is out of everyone’s control.
With that in mind, here are the changes we’ll be making. These plans may change over time as new information comes to light, or new legislation is imposed, so keep an eye on this page for further updates. However, if you’ve already booked with us, we’ll be keeping you regularly updated.
Physical Distancing & Check In
1. Check in system - Instructions for arrival will be sent to your email address approx. 1 weeks prior to your arrival date. Please ensure you have a copy with you as this contains key information for arrival at Pencnwc Holiday Park including the
TRACK & TRACE @ Pencnwc Holiday Park
The government have implemented a track and trace system. Up to 48 hours prior to your arrival at Pencnwc Holiday Park it is necessary for you to email email@example.com with the following information:
Your arrival date, how many nights you’ll stay, name, the number of the caravan which is D194 and a contact mobile number.
In the subject line of the email please enter your date of arrival and how many nights you will be staying. Day visitors must also be registered on the park the same way, unfortunately at the current time day visitors will not be able to enter Sierra Holiday Caravan. Should you not have access to send an email please call Pencnwc reception on 01545 560479.
2. Your entry keys will be with Pencnwc holiday park reception, all memebers of your party need to report to Reception on arrival for club passes to be issued - please adhere to the rules in place for collection and drop off. Due to extra cleaning requirements early arrival and late departure is strictly NOT permitted. You are required to remain 2 mtrs distant from staff and other guests during your stay.
3. Our COVID 19 Policy is printed, laminated and situated in the caravan a copy of it can be found here, please ensure you familiarise yourselves with it.
4. We’ve moved our places of interest folder online, a link to the app will be texted to you on your arrival day.
5. ALWAYS follow government advice regarding travel, if you are feeling unwell, have visited a high-risk country, have been contacted by track & trace to isolate or have been in contact with anyone who has been unwell or tested positive for COVID 19 then please do not travel to us.
6. Should you develop symptoms whilst on holiday, please notify Pencnwc Holiday Park immediately on 01545 560 479 and make arrangements to return home immediately. You will not be able to self-isolate in our accommodation.
7. If you feel you need to cancel your booking because of the pandemic, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Our normal cancellation terms & conditions apply.
The Coronavirus situation is changing constantly, the policy regarding the pandemic may change and we will respond accordingly. We will follow all government advice regarding travel restrictions and closures and ask that our guests do the same.
Firstly, we need as much time as possible to clean our accommodation. So we’ve now changed our minimum number of nights for Sierra Holiday Caravan to 7. Our time of arrival for both will now be set between 4pm and 6pm and we ask you depart by 10am strictly. We will be unable to allow late departures or early arrivals at any time.
Secondly, our protocol will mean our accommodation is cleaned in the following ways:
Crockery and Cutlery: As much of a set of everything will go through a hot wash with soapy water.
TV: The TV and Remote controls will be cleaned down with anti viral cleaner between every set of guests.
Standard cleaning: Our cleans will be to our normal high standard, with the addition of any hard surfaces & touch points being cleaned with an anti-viral cleaner. We will also leave an anti viral wipes at the accommodation for your use, should you want to clean any surfaces yourself upon arrival or during your stay.
Books, children’s games and DVD’s: We have left some items however we are unable to guarantee that each page of each book, DVD or piece of child’s toy can be decontaminated.
Soft Furnishings: Sofas, throws, Quilts and pillows – All scientific evidence thus far is that Covid-19 cannot live on fabric for more than a few hours. Therefore, we’ve decided that we’ll be leaving all soft furnishings in situ and changing regularly but not every week. If you’d like these items removed, we can do so but please let us know in advance, so that we can arrange this with our cleaner.
Pillow, Mattress & Duvet Protectors protectors: We will contact guests prior to arrival and discuss which beds will be used. Fresh protectors will be on all pillows, mattresses and duvets that are intended for use, these must remain on the beds, regardless of any bedding you bring yourselves. You’re welcome to put your own protectors over the top of ours if you prefer.
Please ensure you bring your own linen, towels, tea towels and bath mat, and all personal items these are NOT provided.
Further notes on protectors:
We will need our guests to strip off the protectors and bag up prior to their departure in the bags provided to protect our cleaner from any potential contact with the virus (shaking down bedding shortly after someone has used it could be potentially a risk).
Belt and braces: All soft furnishings will be sprayed down with an anti-virus spray (similar to fabreeze but with anti-virus properties). This includes, pillow, cushions, throws, mattresses, sofas and seating.
It’s worth bearing in mind how long Covid-19 can survive on surfaces, the information and knowledge is evolving all the time.
Currently it is thought that the virus can live for up to:
2-3 hours in the air
Up to 4 hours on copper
Up to 24 hours on cardboard, glass and metal
Up to 2 or 3 days on plastic and stainless steel
Should the government announce another lock-down that affects your holiday date, any payment made (deposit and balance). You can decide whether to defer your payment towards another week of your choice, subject to availability, up to 12 months from your original holiday date. Or you can request that we refund any payments made to that point.
Please contact us should you have any concerns or questions with regards our COVID 19 Policy, above all, stay safe and we hope to welcome you and your family here at Sierra Holiday Caravan soon.